Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Reporting

During my internship, I wanted to know how the reporters do their work.  I talked to Nate Stewart, about how he does reports on a story.  According to Nate, one story is assigned to a reporter per day.  If the reporter has an idea for a story, they have to pitch the story to the station manager.  They travel to the site of their story and record all the shots themselves.  He interviews at least two people per story.  Once he gets back to the station, he arranges the shots together in a way that he sees fit and does the voice over in between the interviews.  The story that Nate covered had to be ready in time for the 11:00 news.  When I was break from my job at WHAG, I spent time with Nate learning how to put together a news package.  It wasn't part of my internship, but I wanted to learn about reporting and to make the most of my time there.  I felt like I have learned a lot about reporting from Nate and we became good friends through our conversations together.

No comments:

Post a Comment