Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Culture Event #1

My first culture event was a junior recital performance at the Frank Center on campus.  A mezzo-soprano singer named Hannah Wardell was the featured act during the show. Junior Recitals are required for students that are pursuing a degree in Performance or Piano Pedagogy.  The event was held on February 11th at 1:00pm

Hannah performed seven songs for the entire music department.Those songs were La Regata Veneziana, Che faro senza Euridice, Va! Laisse couler mes larmes, Apres un reve, Verborgenheit, Ich atmet' einen linden Duft, and by Strauss.  I enjoyed her performance of Euridice the most because that was the one piece that I was most familiar with.  The music is a Greek Mythology story about a man named Orpheus who goes to the underworld to reclaim his Euridice.  I enjoyed hearing her sing that song.  She did a great job with her performances on each of her songs.

The event did not allow flash photography because teachers were recording the event.  I was able to get some pictures without the flash, but the screen on my camera cracked.  That caused my camera to break. All the pictures I had taken at the event including one of me there is all gone due to my camera breaking.   I only have a signed program to show that I was at the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment