Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Culture Event #2


My second culture event this semester was a girls basketball game at Shepherd University.  The girls of Shepherd played against Urbana on February 12th.  This was the first basketball that I have attended during my entire time as a student on Shepherd.

It was a close game all to the end. Both teams were evenly matched and they played a strong defense in order to maintain the lead. The end of the first half of the game was a tie of 36 to 36.  The cheerleaders were off to side during their routines to get the crowd excited.  Shepherd was able to win the game with a score of 78 to 72.

I also stayed to watch the first half of the men's basketball game.  The crowd for that game got bigger for that game.  The team from Urbana played a very aggressive game against Shepherd.  Once Urbana got the lead, they kept it throughout the rest of the game.  I left the game early because I made plans to meet a friend for dinner.  The score then was 41 to 59 with Urbana winning.  The next day, I learned that Urbana won the game 79 to 55.  The men's game for Shepherd was very brutal to them.

As proof for attending the event, I had my picture taken with my friend,  Mrs. Lueck, from Jefferson High School. I also kept the program for the game. It was an exciting game and I would go see another one if I find time in my schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment