Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Comments on Presentation and Changes


For my presentation, I played the second scene of my radio drama for the Comm Department.  I received some good comments on my story, but I also received some ideas of what I can do to make my story better.  My director, Kevin Williams, suggested that I should try adding some room sounds or music as a way to give the listeners an idea of where the meeting of each character takes place.  I already have the transition music for the moments that get interesting.  I was also told to try adding more silence in between certain lines.  The Comm department took notice that there was always something to say after each line.  Examples would be Carter asking Ralph if he could come in or when Carter tells him about his suspicions of June.

Between room noise and background music, I would pick background music.  However, finding the right music would  be difficult.  From the websites I went to for free sounds and music, I did not like any of the music they offered.  The strange transitions from Free Sounds was the only suspenseful music I liked enough to put into my project..  The pauses for certain lines might work for some parts of my story, but I still unsure if I will go with that idea. I know that I am going with the music and I'm hoping things will all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment