Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Different Scene 3

For my radio drama of My Sister June, I decided to redo my third scene.  My character still goes to one of June's friends for answers regarding the murders, and I decided to create a new male character instead of using another female part.  He will be played by my friend, Angus Russell

My new character is named Richard Marx.  He is the ex-boyfriend of June Wexford.  Even though they are no longer dating, they are still close.  Ralph tells him about the recent murders and that June is the prime suspect.  He goes to Richard because June confides in him about everything.  Richard does have some critical information regarding June and what he tells Ralph can break the case.  After Ralph leaves him, Richard calls June to tell her that he is on to her and that he will be taken care  of.

Richard Marx is an example of a chump. Most femme fatales in suspense stories have at least one man in their lives that can rely on for help.  That man is infatuated with her and she can manipulate him into doing anything.  This becomes a wicked attraction.  The man wants love from the woman and the woman wants a man she can control.  The man loses his sense of right and wrong due to the spell of the woman.  I am creating that mood between Richard and June.  Richard carries a torch for June and will do anything to help the woman he loves.  The next scene will show how far he will go to protect June.

No comments:

Post a Comment