Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Starting Over


After listening to my original recording of My Sister June, I decided that I need to redo my first scene again with a new actress to play June. My director has pointed out to me that there were some sounds that were not supposed to be there in the first place.  There was a strange clicking noise at the beginning before the music plays. That could easily be taken out of the recording.  My director also advised me to have the narration done in a different voice style than my character.  I could try talking in a deeper voice for the narrations.  The main reason why I should redo the scene is the music. I used the copyrighted music of Dark Shadows in the original recording.  I heard that using the music would be illegal so I need new music that fits in the suspense genre. My director recommended using Garageband for the music I need for this project.  That program is full of music that is not copyrighted.  The main idea is a remake of my project with new music. 

I have had a difficult time making contact with my original leading lady, Ana Lopez.  She played the part of June when I did project for my Radio Practicum class.  I have talked to another friend of mine, Melissa, to read her part.  She agreed to help me with the recordings.  I cannot keep waiting to hear from Ana and I need to keep production going.  The show must go on with or without my original leading lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment