Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Scene 3

Scene 3 of My Sister June builds the climax, which will take place in the next scene.  My character has learned that June was engaged to the deceased lawyer, Aiden Fisher.  He also learned that she is a suspect in another unsolved case.  Ralph feels like he doesn't have enough evidence to confront his sister and have her arrested.  In order to get the evidence he needs, Ralph goes to visit someone that June trusts.

During Scene 3, my character goes to his sister's friend, Connie Marx, for further investigation.  Detectives often talk to friends and family of the suspect in order to see if they can help break the case open.  Ralph knows that June tells Connie everything that happens in her life and Connie does the same.  He tells her about the dirt that Detective Carter dug up on June.  Connie does know the truth behind June's involement in the muders, but she is afraid to tell authorities. Ralph has to convince her to share what she knows by promising to protect her.  I won't reveal what Connie says in this blog, but her story will shock my character to the core.

My first choice to play Connie is my friend, Sydney Clark.  She and I were in a play together back in high school.  I also know that she has been in a number of plays at Shepherd University.  Her latest role is one of the women in Little Women.  If she is unable to read the parts, I can easily have a backup plan ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment