Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Studio Jobs

One of the most interesting aspects of studio production is the on-air talent. They are the ones that entertain the audience in front of the cameras. I have had some personal experience performing in front of an audience. When I was in high school, I sang in the choir. My choir teacher from high school recently put together a community choir and we would sing at the high schools in Jefferson County. During our concerts,there was someone recording the show for us to watch later. I also did some acting in two different plays during my senior year in high school, but that wasn't recorded by cameras due to copyright laws. Singing in live choir concerts and acting in plays gave my personal experience in front of an audience. Another interesting aspect of studio production is the director. The main job of the director is the making a television program. Directors play a big part in a television crew. They are in charge of supervising the placement of professional video cameras, lighting equipment, microphones, and props. So far, I have not had any experience with directing anything. I wouldn't mind giving it a try because it will help me to get an understanding about how everything works for shooting a broadcast.  I think that I am new to broadcasting.  Getting to be director is one way to get an idea of how each job is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment